Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

Bad Dreams

Our bedroom door creaked open at around two in the morning and a scared little girl in a whispering crying voice asking for help. I got up and went to Mikelle's bedroom and she told me that the dark closet is scaring her. I suggested to close the door and she agreed. I was not even close to dreaming when the same girl girl peeked in again scared of a man walking around with a sword. I was too tired and sleepy but feeling bad for her, I walked her back to her bedroom, sat her on my lap and held her close to me. She agreed to pray about it and I sat right next to her bed for a little while while waited for her to snooze off. I hoped that she took comfort from the prayer and was convinced that she indeed have a power to make anything scary silly. She nodded when I said that she can turn the sword into flowers.

Walking up in the middle of the night for some reason keeps me awake for hours. It take hours for me to get back to sleep and that's what happened last night, not with a great reward though. Mikelle sweetly expressed her gratitude at breakfast time by saying, in her exact words, "thank you mom for making waffles and for helping me when I was having a hard time last night". Now, who will not feel loved with those words? It made my day and made me grateful that I woke up and did why I did last night. That was one of those moments that makes my heart swell with love and joy and feel grateful that I am a mother. Thank you so much Mikelle for being so sweet and sincere. I love you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 Blog design by Template Faerie | Distributed by: best blogger template 3 column free cute blogger templates 3 column | cheap vps reseller best vpn china